CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 24, 2011

goal as a parent

Come, O children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
What man is there who desires life
and loves many days, that he may see good?
Keep your tongue from evil
and your lips from speaking deceit.
Turn away from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it.
(Psalm 34:11-14 ESV)


We have several Seeds Family Worship cds in our van. Our kids love them and, as a parent, it thrills my heart to hear them singing God's Word as we drive around! I had listened to this song many times as well memorized it but today it really hit me. This is the prayer I want to daily have for my children. With tears in my eyes, I asked God to give me wisdom and to help me be faithful to teach my four sweet children.

What is your goal as a parent? I challenge you to not to have your focus on things here on earth but rather diligently teach your children the fear of the Lord. Point them to Christ in all situations in life. Help them to see God in everything. Teach them how wonderful He is. Because He really is wonderful and He really is everything.

No comments: