CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

another new favorite

Anyone who knows me well knows that I love the songs from Sovereign Grace Music. They take the truths from Scripture and make beautiful worship songs that honor the Savior! And it thrills my heart when I hear my children singing these songs around the house. Here's another new favorite!



Have Mercy on Me

I am a sinner; You’re blameless, Lord
My sins against You can’t be ignored
They will be punished, I know they must
Your law demands it, for You are just
Pre-Chorus
If You would count
Everything that I’ve done wrong
Who could stand?
But there’s forgiveness with You, God

Chorus
Have mercy on me, have mercy on me
A broken and a contrite heart
You won’t turn away
Have mercy on me, have mercy on me
Because of Your steadfast love

Verse 2
Father of mercy, You gave Your Son
To make atonement for wrongs I have done
What You required, Jesus fulfilled
I don’t deserve it—I never will

Music and words by Dale Bischof and Pat Sczebel
© 2011 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)/Sovereign Grace

No comments: