CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

update

It's been a long time. It's been 5 weeks. How terrible!

We have been keeping such a full schedule with school, church, and newborn photos. Things are finally starting to slow down some.

Grazzin just finished his basketball season with the homeschool group. The boys had a great time playing together and our family got to watch a few local games. Wyatt kept things interesting since he's at the stage where all he wants to do is run. Who would even think to sit on a chair when the boys are running around on the court with a ball? Not sure that anyone noticed, but this mom got to see very little of the games. Kinda sad but little chubby will be grown before I know it and I will miss this stage!

Mia is doing great in school. When we do her spelling lists, I finger spell the words for her, she does the sounds, and writes the word without seeing it on paper first. Lately I haven't even been finger spelling because as soon as I say the word, she says, "Mom, I already know how to spell that. I saw it in my book." Yeah! I hope she continues to love to spell and read. Just as a side note : those who are around me alot know how much I love our phonics/spelling program called Spell to Write and Read. I am happy to report that it will be making its way to Honduras next month with a friend of ours to help teach Spanish children the English language! WOW! I am SO excited. Kinda wish I could go!

We are learning about anatomy in Science this year and it's been fascinating to learn about the human body through a biblical perspective. (I think I learn more than the kids on most days.) We have a wonderful Creator!

Kaci is working hard on her speech and we go to class twice a week. Her teacher is wonderful and we love her. It's going to be hard to tell her goodbye in May. Since we homeschool, Kaci will no longer be able to attend speech classes at Barr-Reeve once she begins kindergarten. Not sure yet how school is going to look for her since she still cannot speak well but we are going to do whatever it takes to help this precious little girl of ours. I have to fight the tears many times when I see her try and just cannot get the words out. I hate that our world is fallen! But one day, ONE DAY, Christ is going to return and set all things right!

Our little chunky is all over the place. We love him so much! He wants to be outdoors at all times. As soon as he eats breakfast, he gets his shoes and stands by the back door. He's going to love summer! He is trying to say a few words so it's looking hopeful that he won't have the same issues as Kaci.

Taj is doing well. He's currently working on his Masters online (in the field of biblical counseling) I don't know how he gets it all done. He never stresses about the deadlines and always continues to keep the laughter level high in our home. Mia informed me the other day that I am just not funny like Dad. This I know. I try but I am just not funny! I guess God created me to be the one to laugh at the jokes.

I spend my days teaching school, chasing after Wyatt, washing dishes, editing pictures. Lots and lot of pictures. Love it and wouldn't trade being a wife and mom for anything!

Here's my recent newborn favorite:

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are one busy lady! i agree I would not trade being a MOM and a Wife for anything....specially love the pic!

Jill said...

Love the update. We miss you guys. Poor little Kaci! I can't stand it. I think of her often b/c Hudson is in speech therapy too. Love you all!

Chelsa said...

love hearing about what is going on w/ your family!