CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 29, 2009

boston



Another adventure with the family ...

what do you get when you combine 85 degree heat, paved sidewalks, a grandma, lots of traffic, smashed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, little to no shade, and 10 kids? Well, let me just say this: we cut the trip much shorter than planned!

We had a great day planned. Our own personal tour guide (a friend from church) was going to take us on a walking tour of the city and show us all the historical sites.
What could be better? I guess no one thought of the heat and trying to supervise 10 children crossing the busy streets? (Let alone the idea that young kids are actually going to enjoy walking for hours and look at buildings?)

Now don't get me wrong, we did have a great time. Just not in the ways we were expecting! We went all the way to Boston to walk down a few streets, watch some guys cleaning outside windows about 18 stories up, play at a small playground, eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, buy a snack, and come back home. Forget the historical tour for this trip! Taj and I decided that we will go back .. without the kids!

I only took a few photos. I was too busy supervising the kids to care about taking pictures. I know that probably sounds shocking to some! I wanted to take some photos of us getting onto the train. It didn't happen. The train pulled up to the station and I was thinking it would be like a plane - everyone loads and sits and waits for about 15 min. until you take off. Not quite! The train had barely reached a stop and our guide was telling us to get on. We hadn't even all found a seat and the thing was moving! So it actually stood still for approx. 3 minutes!


While in the city, I dreaded crossing the streets. Too many kids to watch out for! My friend said it well when she stated that lots of prayers were being lifted to the throne! The walk signals had a running timer on them .. half of our group would be just stepping onto the street when there was about 2 seconds left .. I bet the people in traffic were rolling their eyes!


Mia had been dreaming about riding on the train for months

Kaci didn't mind eating a smashed sandwich!

everyone enjoying a shaded break from walking


We didn't get to see much but oh, the memories we'll have from the day!
Tonya

No comments: