CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

School


Monday was back to school for us. We really enjoyed the break and it was hard to accept the date the calendar was showing. But it's back to the books and even though it takes a huge amount of work to homeschool ,I enjoy learning all sorts of interesting facts I had forgotten from my school years. We are in the middle of learning division, studying how words are put together, writing, drawing dinosaurs, reading about the Mayflower and the start of our country and we even have time to learn about the cormorants. Know about them? They are a specific kind of water bird that does not waterproof its feathers. It likes to get its feathers soaked so it will sink down to the bottom of the lake, river, or ocean where it can find lots of fish. This kind of bird can dive much deeper than ducks and geese, because its heavy, waterlogged feathers help it sink. Fascinating! What a wonderful design by God!

The girls have fun during school as well. They color, put puzzles together, and play dolls. Recently, Mia has shown interest in learning how to draw letters so I gave her a box lid with salt and she has been drawing several different letters. Simple idea I had heard from a friend. She loves it.

The best thing about homeschool is that we have the opportunity to teach our children about God all throughout the day and give them a biblical worldview. I would take that over a perfectly clean house any day! I have to remind myself of that when I am folding a load of laundry, listening to Grazzin recite math facts, helping Mia cut paper, and smelling Kaci's messy diaper all at the same time! It is hard work but there is nothing I would rather be doing!

Tonya

2 comments:

Jill said...

I agree with you! Today as I looked at my living room that was hit by a tornado full of toys, thinking about the bills I needed to pay (while the kids were napping) and also trying to decide when I was going to have time to fix supper, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and not so happy. But it's nice to be reminded that I'm where God wants me to be! You're a blessing to me Tonya!

Shawn said...

Wow! I don't know all those things - did they teach that at BR???

Did you take the picture of the crayons? If so, I'm impressed. Perhaps you could send me a few neat pictures for my blog (www.lifelookingup.blogspot.com)? Can I advertise on your comments page? That's pretty presumptuous. You owe me one.

Thanks for being faithful to your calling!